Leane’s “A Fabulous Night’s Stay”Website: Airbnb.com – A Fabulous Night’s Stay
The room and home were very clean and the price reasonable for such a central location near downtown Philadelphia.
1) Easy walk to the bus or Metro and central enough that you can walk to many places around downtown.
2) There are markets, pharmacies, shops, and restaurants within a 10-minute walk of the house.
3) The room is reasonably large and private, having nearly everything needed for a short stay, including a large closet, fold-down desk, and folding chair.
4) The shared bathroom is very big and has plenty of supplies (hair dryer, shampoo/conditioner, extra toothbrushes, etc.)
5) The neighborhood is clean, well kept, safe, and the people in the area were friendly. We felt safe and welcome in the neighborhood and were not concerned about our safety, even after dark.
6) There is a washer and dryer in the home.
7) The wi-fi is fast, free, reliable and we never had a problem connecting, loading pages, or watching video/movies.
8) The host stays to herself mostly, does not “hover”, and was helpful when we asked questions about the area.
9) Coffee, tea, instant hot chocolate and cookies are provided in the dining room downstairs for breakfast.
10) No TV in the home, so you can spend more time seeing Philadelphia!
1) Parking on the street near the house was scarce when we arrived, but I managed to find a spot down the block after dropping our bags.
2) The bedrooms are upstairs and the staircase is narrow, making it tricky to maneuver large bags to the room.
3) The bathroom is shared among three rooms and access was occasionally a problem.
4) There is no ice or bottled/filtered water available, so bring/buy your own if you like ice and do not want to drink tap water.
5) The coffee was nearly gone and the host unavailable when we awoke on our first morning, so I had to figure out where the coffee and filters were stored to prepare more.
6) The host did not respond to the text and email I sent the day before arrival nor did she answer two phone calls I placed when we first arrived and had difficulty locating a parking place. However, she did answer the door once I found a temporary parking spot to drop our bags and was very responsive thereafter.
7) No TV in the home if you want to catch up on news or your favorite show(s).
In summary, Leane is a very personable host, the room an exceptional value, and the home in immaculate condition. A comparable hotel room would cost well over $100, making this Airbnb option an excellent value if visiting central Philadelphia.
CombatCritic Gives Leane’s “Fabulous Night’s Stay 2” 8 Bombs Out Of 10 … More Bombs Are Better!
“Thank you so much for the review. It was lovely to have met you both and I am pleased you would stay again when in Philly. Sorry I missed your call, I have a 100% response rate and take communication very seriously. On occasion I will miss a message because I am physically unable in the moment, but fortunately we spoke within 10 minutes of your call. My response time is within a few minutes if I happen to miss you, which most of my guests will tell you rarely happens. It is so funny you mentioned about bottled water. Before seeing your review I actually went out and stocked the fridge with sparkling water, an assortment of flavored, natural lemonades, orange juice and of course… bottled water. There is also ice, chocolate fudge and vanilla ice cream and fruit bars available in the freezer for guests. You should have stayed one more day! Now folks can make iced coffee and oreo cookie sundaes to beat this Philly heat! Lol! Thanks again for all the feedback and happy travels!”
Title: Philadelphia, PA: Nice, Clean Airbnb Room With Shared Bath in Central Philly … Excellent Value!
Key Words: Airbnb, Philadelphia, PA, Leane, Pennsylvania, Philly, room, CombatCritic, TravelValue, travel, value, hotel, motel, B&B, bed and breakfast, review, Yelp, TripAdvisor, Zomato
Translation for Civilians: WTFO! =“What-The-Fuck … Over!”